January 25, 2015

It's a real bummer when people steal, alter, and post your work around without credit. An unsanctioned version of one of my drawings has been making the rounds across Tumblr and Instagram recently. It came to my attention when dozens of considerate people started tagging and crediting me. But the drawing included text that's not mine, that doesn't represent my feelings about the drawing, and that is not a design choice I would have made. So, just for the record:

Please guys, don't add your own touch to someone else's work. And when you share something you like, you should credit the artist. I know it's a hard habit to keep up (I'm definitely guilty) since Pinterest and Tumblr make it super easy to repost without thinking about whether the image links back to its original source. But the internet would be a much more artist- and maker-friendly place if we all tried to do our part.